Monday 5 January 2015

Albums of 2014..

I like music a lot. And this year there was quite a few decent albums which I've really been enjoying and fancied sharing with you if that's okay? I'll let you know a bit about the album, my favourite song from it and a mark out of 5 
(I should probably note here that none of them have 5/5 purely because I don't distribute full marks out easily.. You have to properly earn them!)

I might as well start with two of the most talked about albums of the year right?

Ed Sheeran- X
Oh my, this is wonderful! Quite possibly some of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard are on this album. + was, and still is, one of my favourite albums of all time so I guess I was a little worried that X wouldn't match up to it but it truly did- and maybe even slightly pipped it!
Favourite Song- I adore 3, which I hope isn't cheating too much- Photograph, Afire Love and Even My Dad Does Sometimes
Mark out of 5- 4.5/5

Sam Smith- In the Lonely Hour
Another beautiful album. I think was one of the most anticipated albums of the year and it did not fail to disappoint. I particularly enjoyed it because, unlike with the majority of albums, there aren't any dodgy album tracks midway through- they're all an equal level of excellent and it's a joy to listen to!
Favourite Song- The acoustic cover of Latch is incredible but I also love Not in that Way
Mark out of 5- 4.5/5

Nina Nesbit- Peroxide
Despite Nina's popularity really growing this year, this album is still so overrated! It's a truly lovely album varying from very twinkly, almost Disney Princess like songs to Nina being rather sassy. It's very lovely and more people should give it a listen ^.^ Not to mention, she's absolutely beautiful!
Favourite Song- The Hardest Part
Mark out of 5- 4/5

Paolo Nutini- Caustic Love
I bought Caustic Love completely on a whim after hearing Iron Sky. I'm not entirely sure what it was about that I loved but for about a week, I was properly obsessed. I don't know how to describe it without getting all cheesy and delirious but he just seemed to put so much passion into that song that it seemed disrespectful to not purchase a load of is music.
Favourite Song- Let Me Down Easy
Mark out of 5- 3.5/5

I don't want to write loads about all the albums I enjoyed last year because we'd be here all day and I'm certain you'd get bored but below I'll include a list of others I've really enjoyed in case you were looking to spend those iTunes vouchers you got for Christmas...
  • Hozier 3.5/5
  • Paloma Faith- A Perfect Contradiction 4/5
  • Twin Atlantic- Great Divide 3.5/5
  • Royal Blood 3.5/5
  • George Ezra-Wanted on Voyage 3.5/5
  • 5SOS 4/5

Reading back though this, I'm not sure 3.5/5 is enough for lots of the ones I've written about but then again 4/5 sounds far too high so we'll stick with it but please don't be put off! All I've written about here are excellent and I'd recommend them all to a friend 

Cheerio! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment