Thursday 30 October 2014

Disney Diary- The Bad Bits

*LONG(ish) POST ALERT- GRAB TEA BEFORE READING*
Let's start on a low and get high, sound good? There was a few things I noticed whilst in Disneyland- mainly in the queues- which I wasn't really that impressed by and these are the things I would like to share first. A negative start probably isn't the best way of doing things but it should be quite humorous (hopefully..)

Firstly- Spanish people, what do you not understand about personal space?! Oh my goodness! We're in a 45 minute queue, in a cramped hut, in which the path turns back on itself to fit as many people in as possible- the last thing any of us need right now is for you to be standing so close to me, you are practically sat in my pocket. I don't mean to stereotype and say it's just the Spanish who get too close but there were roughly 3 incidents where someone was so close, I had to check they weren't taking something out of my bag and in all of these incidents, the person was Spanish.

Next issue- flash photography. I have no problem with people using their fancy cameras outside the attractions- y'know, it's nice to have pictures to remember the day by. But what I don't agree with is the people who ruin everyone else's experiences by using their stupid flash during rides you're clearly told not to. It's not only disrespectful, it can trigger medical conditions and, in my case, bring on really severe headaches, meaning that as a result of one selfish person, the next few hours of my day are completely ruined by an agonizing headache. Round of applause to you if you're one of those people- I hope your picture was worth it,

Another thing I was not so keen on- 'une pomme d'amour' (or toffee apple for you English people) Nothing that great to report here, the apple but just wasn't very fresh.

Also, can adults stop judging me for standing at the front during the parade please? I have just as much right to be there as you and your family do- if not more considering I was there first. If you want to be at the front of the parade, you have to arrive there early. You can't arrive late then force your way to the front- that's not how this works, even if you do have a young child. I gave up going on 'it's a small world' to be in this space, I earned it. If your kid really wants to stand in front of me to get a cuddle from Eeyore, that's fine (I did actually get a cuddle from Eeyore- it was great), but that's not an open invite for every member of your troop to barge their way in front..



Having said all that, I did have a blooming awesome time! And I cannot wait to write more of these posts throughout this week. Hopefully, if I can successfully transfer pictures, I will have a Disney haul for you tomorrow!
Cheerio! Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment