Wednesday 18 June 2014

Happy Little Things

I've got a few little things that have happened/are going to happen soon that I wanted to write about in separate posts. However I'm a little concerned that if I did write about them individually, this blog will become a little too repetitive and I don't want that to happen at all! 
So, instead I'm just going to pick some of my favourites and cram them all into one big things I've been loving lately post:


The World Cup- Generally, although I do like football, I don't have the concentration span to be able to focus on one match for 90 minutes. However, now the World Cup's on, that's all changed. Currently, I'm watching at least one match per day (as I write this, I'm actually watching Australia v Holland) which I think (and hope) makes my dad proud and secretly, I'm quite proud of myself too. For 1 month, I can act like the son he never had. The highlight for me though has definitely been Scott Mills and Chris Stark's alternative commentary. The Radio 1 'lads' commentated on 2 matches and they did an amazing job (missing pizza and dodgy psychics aside). I don't remember the last time I laughed as hard as I did when, to apologize for trending '#fatronaldo', they managed to get '#fatchris' trending worldwide.. If you missed it, you seriously need to check it out, even if you're not a massive football fan. Anyway, if you did watch and listen to both games, and would like to possibly listen to another, I recommend checking this out

TFIOS- Ever since we heard there was going to be a film made from the book, my sister and I have been counting down the days until The Fault in our Stars released. And finally, we only have 2 more days to wait *eeek!* I know it's released a few days earlier than we're going to see it but, due to diary clashes, Friday is the soonest free time we both have. I bought the tickets about an hour ago and I shall be spending the next few days trying to stabilize my emotions before they get completely torn apart within the space of 2 hours
I hope to do a review type thingy next week

Exams- MY EXAMS HAVE FINALLY FINISHED! After months of stress and work and tiredness, finally my exams are all finished. To be completely honest, they could have gone much better, but they also could have gone much worse so we will just have to wait until results day, I guess. For now though, I'm free to enjoy the sun and the summer ^.^

Birthday- Normally, I don't get that excited about my birthday. Being center of attention for an entire 24 hours just scares me a little and so normally, I just do something small. I dislike it so much that some of my closest friends don't actually know what the date of my birthday is. This year however, I actually can't wait! A few family members have been asking what I would like and although I would prefer surprises, I'm super excited to spend the day with some of my closest friends and family. I think what excites me more is that I'll be turning 17 in July and so get my very first driving lesson- I've wanted to be able to drive since I was about 10 and now it's finally happening, I'm starting to feel more grown up (Disney movies and obsession with pink candyfloss aside)

There was some other stuff I had planned but I've been rambling on for a while now and I don't want to disturb your day any further. I hope you've enjoyed this more positive, happy, chirpy post! I've certainly enjoyed writing it

Same place, same time, next week? See you then... Cheerio! Xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment